Howdy everyone!
Not sure exactly [I]how[I] I stubbled across this great community, but here I am saying hello from New York!

From the browsing through here I have done, I can tell this community is going to be a great resource in all my mapping endeavors. I recently began to be interested in mapmaking as a side project/hobby to accompany my studies. I am currently en route to get my masters in New Testament studies with a concentration and specialization in empire criticism, historicity, literature, and (hopefully) now critical biblical cartography. I'm hoping to take on the self-proposed projects of mapping out what these authors of antiquity imagined. So this means a bit of a hybridity of fictional cartography and historical geographical cartography. I am currently involved in a group project to preserve a 3D map of Palestine at our graduate school as well.

I am very new to this whole thing, so I'm truly starting from the ground up. I look forward to any insights, comments, suggestions, contentions, etc. that I might discover here.

Thanks for having me!