Thread: Hello!

Guild Applicant

Default Hello!

Howdy everyone!
    Not sure exactly [I]how[I] I stubbled across this great community, but here I am saying hello from New York!

From the browsing through here I have done, I can tell this community is going to be a great resource in all my mapping endeavors. I recently began to be interested in mapmaking as a side project/hobby to accompany my studies. I am currently en route to get my masters in New Testament studies with a concentration and specialization in empire criticism, historicity, literature, and (hopefully) now critical biblical cartography. I'm hoping to take on the self-proposed projects of mapping out what these authors of antiquity imagined. So this means a bit of a hybridity of fictional cartography and historical geographical cartography. I am currently involved in a group project to preserve a 3D map of Palestine at our graduate school as well.

I am very new to this whole thing, so I'm truly starting from the ground up. I look forward to any insights, comments, suggestions, contentions, etc. that I might discover here.

Thanks for having me!

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Goose-butt View Post
    Howdy everyone!
    I'm hoping to take on the self-proposed projects of mapping out what these authors of antiquity imagined. So this means a bit of a hybridity of fictional cartography and historical geographical cartography. I am currently involved in a group project to preserve a 3D map of Palestine at our graduate school as well.
    That sounds like a really cool bunch of projects! I particularly like the idea of doing hybrid fictional and historical cartography. That might be a neat concept for one of the monthly challenges.

Welcome to the Guild! This is truly an amazing place to learn, the artist here are not only amazing mapmakers they are also really cool people. On a side note: Isn't the lingering New York snow just so irritating?

Guild Applicant

Oh god, this snow...It's driving me insane.

yeah, I know. I just want sun and lots of it!