Thread: Minimalistix

Guild Apprentice

Default Minimalistix

Hi Everyone,
    I have signed up so that I could learn about making battle maps for the D&D campaign that I am running(Scales of War 4e).

I originally made full 3D maps for the first adventure (Rescue at Rivenroar) out of hirstarts moulds, but that is too time consuming (and expensive) and the shed is always too hot or too cold....

So I figured I would learn to make the beautiful maps I see on this site and combine it with the miniatures stuff that I have already made for a faster, more customized approach.

I think the A0 plotter at work is about to get a hammering

Regards,

Minimalistix

Howdy Minimaliststix, welcome to the guild. Battle maps are among my favorite to make and there is plenty of inspiration to be found here. If you like 3D check out this thread by F. Randall Farmer you won't be disappointed!

Welcome aboard M. Like Madcowchef, I prefer making battlemaps. There are lots of resources here to help you progress.

Welcome to the Guild Minimalistix! I know what you mean, I've used Hirstarts molds in the past and have really enjoyed the results. However it was hugely expensive and time consuming. There are plenty of materials here to help you get started making maps.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh