Backstory: The "realm" of Eane is consistent of seven subworlds that do not exist in the same physical realm, but do exist in the same physicality - if that makes any sense. This is a fantasy world and each of the subworlds have associated elements... consequently, the worlds do not abide by standard laws of existence. There's an element of artistic license with the way the worlds work - that said, I want them to have an equal sense feasibility, despite everything. Their symbolic existence is their literal existence, and this is reflected in the naming of each subworld.

#6: Arobanpyr (Numbered for myself since I have a consistent organization.)
Elements: Water, Fire (assumed Earth...naturally)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arobanpyr_1.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	4.50 MB 
ID:	62251

As far as the map goes, I spent a lot of time designing the overall look of it because I can reuse it for the other six subworlds (some of which have more than one layer... more on that later, when applicable). I want something that feels modern but also has that classic fantasy book feel to it. Not sure if I'm quite at the sweet spot yet, but I'm very happy with the progress of things.

In terms of the map itself, I've been playing around with the mountains, ice, grass and forest elements. There are very specific reasons why everything is where it is - mostly dictated by story, but also by "symbolism" - for instance the Frost Palace should be around a helluva lot of ice.

(By the way all the names of cities and buildings and such are super temporary... more as an easy way for me to remember than what they're actually going to end up being...)

I'm having a hard time getting all the pieces to blend the way I want them to, so that even though the elements may be crudely compiled (as is the nature of illogical physics), they still look aesthetically pleasing and purposeful. I'm also unsure of how to represent the volcanic peaks...

In terms of scale, the 30 miles marker is probably fairly accurate - but I've never been good at understanding mountains, so if you feel like I'm radically off in either direction, please do let me know.

Anyways, this is like the first map I've ever made that isn't a terrible pencil doodle for a new Pokemon region (#UncouthYouth), so thoughts and advice are all greatly appreciated!