Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slyrn - Fantasy map commission

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Map Slyrn - Fantasy map commission

Hi guys,

This map was commissioned for an online fantasy game project. I went with brighter colors than I use to do, as requested by the client. The map is 12x12", digitally hand-drawn in Photoshop.
    © 2014 - All rights reserved.

Hope you'll like it. As usual, feel free to rate, rep or run away

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slyrnsmall.jpg 
Views:	1015 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	60827

Great map Max, Love the colors, especially the dark aquamarine. Really like the different forest types also.

Yes, it looks great as always.

Blog Entries

It's so colorful!!

I really love the ocean colors, and the whole map is beautiful! (How do you do them so FAST?? D: )

Very nice map as usual... and I love those circles around the big cities! I think you used something close on another map for a game, but can't recall which one... because you are making too many good maps too quickly

As always amazing. I love how effortlessly you are able to change the climate throughout map, something I have a really hard time with...

Guild Adept

As you say, perhaps a touch brighter than necessary, but it achieves excellent effect in differentiating "zones" of the world. Of course it does beg the question, just what is a Slyrnian League? LOL. Symbols are nice, simple, clear and I kind of like the halo effect, even if I don't know exactly why its there.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Another fantastic map, as usual. Your clients certainly do get their money's worth! And as usual, I can't rep you

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

I love the forests and cities in this one! Not sure about the colors, trying to figure out how to explain it… My eyes are drawn to the ocean, it has the most interesting color in the map. Maybe not a bad thing though

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thanks much guys, comments much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Veldehar View Post
    Of course it does beg the question, just what is a Slyrnian League? LOL.
    Absolutely no idea Well the local unit of measure obviously though I don't really know the length of a slyrnian league

Quote Originally Posted by Veldehar View Post
    Symbols are nice, simple, clear and I kind of like the halo effect, even if I don't know exactly why its there.
    Artistic licence (oh and also to slightly enhance the main cities)

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    I love the forests and cities in this one! Not sure about the colors, trying to figure out how to explain it… My eyes are drawn to the ocean, it has the most interesting color in the map. Maybe not a bad thing though
    Hehe, I went with a slightly desatured ocean color at first but I wasn't really satisfied with it so I did some brighter/deeper color for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast