Thread: Lurker-turned-member!

Wip Lurker-turned-member!

Hi all,
    I've been lurking here for the past couple of months, but only registered today. I'm from the Pacific Northwest (of the USA), and hoping to take up fantasy cartography as a hobby. I'm not an rpg gamer, but I work as a writer of literary novels, and messing with maps has rejuvenated my interest in the fantasy genre. I'm looking forward to meeting you all and learning some new skills!
    If this works, I'm attaching my current work in progress below. (I was just messing around on this map--the landforms and place names are all arbitrary. I still haven't quite figured out rivers, and I'm still pretty uncomfortable with inkscape, so those are my next frontiers.)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAP1.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	563.8 KB 
ID:	62282

Howdy and welcome from a fellow pacficnorthwestian! You'll find more than enough material around here to rejuvenate several legions worth or interest in the fantasy genre and a map makes for the best introduction of all.

Welcome to the Guild Sentinel.

Welcome from a former pacifcnorthwestian! I like the color palette you've chosen, as well as the overall layout and faded grid. However the outline of the land is very pixilated, and there are a lot of odd artifacts in your mountains. Room for improvement but overall a very fine first map!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh