Thread: Tutorial request: GIMP (specifically on a Mac)

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Question Tutorial request: GIMP (specifically on a Mac)

I've been trying to use the GIMP tutorials I've found but I keep running into issues caused by Macs and PCs being just a little bit different from each other. Are there any tutorials on here for Mac users? I tried searching the forum but I came up empty-handed. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Since most people use PC it's less common to have something done for the MAC.
    I don't know what the issue is but are you sure it is related to the GIMP ?

Unless it's a ctrl key vs the "mac" curly key thing or an installation issues or file system issue there should be NO difference. What specifically are you having trouble with?

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

I managed to figure it out. I was trying to save custom brushes and I didn't know I was supposed to click export as instead of save as. That and a few other little things that I managed to work out.

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    I managed to figure it out. I was trying to save custom brushes and I didn't know I was supposed to click export as instead of save as. That and a few other little things that I managed to work out.
    That's likely a version-of-Gimp issue more than a Mac vs. PC issue. The changes to export vs. save as are fairly recent to Gimp.