Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: August Entry: the Under Halls

Wip Still short one!

OK, I didn't finish all the maps like I promised - got one left to create. However, here are two more cavern tiles, plus the same tiles gridded. And to prove to NK, that my grid plan worked, I uploaded one of my Rampart tiles with a grid on it!

I've already gridded all the maps so far, I'll upload them tomorrow.

1 cavern tile to create and upload!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cavern2.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	5745   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cavern2-grid.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	5746   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cavern3.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	5747   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cavern3-grid.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	5748   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rampart4-grid.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	5749  

Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

NymTevlyn

When you're done, can you bundle these into one package? One without grids and another with grids please?

Wow! This is an incredible collection GP! Wonderful work and very useful. I posted to the RPTools forum thread you started regarding the door/passageways. I would be interested to hear what you thought of the idea and if it was feasible.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Wip No more tonight, going to bed!

Thanks for all the praise, it does keep me going!

I've spent several late nights working on this challenge and its taking its toll in my day job, so I'm uploading the last tile design, and its gridded version, but that's it for tonight. I'm going to bed!

Last tile design - TA DAH! - the Crystal Cavern.

I'm already working up a list of map objects I need for this challenge and without going overboard, just enough to be fully useable, I think I'll create 50 map objects - wall sections to block existing doorways, open doorways to cut through walls, doorways with doors, pits, discarded junk, bodies, traps, ladders, some critters (not monsters), etc.

I'll upload the rest over the next day or two. I'll probably place all grid tiles and non-grid tiles into separate .zip files. If too big to upload (probably), I'll just post a link and load them into my site. I'll also .zip the map objects when complete as well.

Now I'm going to bed...

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cavern4.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	5771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cavern4-grid.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	5772  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I'm already working up a list of map objects I need for this challenge and without going overboard, just enough to be fully useable, I think I'll create 50 map objects - wall sections to block existing doorways, open doorways to cut through walls, doorways with doors, pits, discarded junk, bodies, traps, ladders, some critters (not monsters), etc.
    Don't forget portcullis's for the hallways....
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wip grid tiles in PDF format

Instead of trying to upload 18 more gridded tiles, I figured those using them would be printing them. I packaged all 20 gridded dungeon tiles into a PDF file, that's too big to upload here. (14.9 MB)

File link below to my website:

GP's Dungeon Tiles with Grids

I'm already starting work on the map objects. And JFrazierJr - definitely got a portcullis in the set!

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

I am amazed at the speed in which you crank out such quality. When is the deadline?

Post Deadline...

Challenge Map deadlines are supposed to be the fifth day before the end of the month, so usually on a 25 or 26th of a month. However, community leaders are responsible for announcing the official deadline. I have seen some challenge deadlines sneak in to the first 3 days of the next month - it really depends on how busy their personal schedules are to post the announcement.

Regarding speed of map production, I've got a tutorial using Xara Xtreme to create dungeons. This challenge is doing my own tutorial with my preferred software. The process is easy for me, I'm used to working in a high pace graphics environment. So I crank them out!

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Post 1st map objects for VT

After taking the weekend off from this project, I'm trying to get back into the groove again. Started creating some map objects. Currently uploading VT versions, some with necessary Alpha channels.

Walls, doors and a smashed door.

GP
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip Next items...

This time its 2 each Jfrazierjr's portcullis, a square pit and one with spikes, and a column...

GP
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast