Thread: August Entry: the Under Halls

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip August Entry: the Under Halls

What timing is this! I just created a Xara tutorial for creating Quick Dungeons and this month's challenge is to create Dungeon Tiles, hmmm.

Strange, but my first product offer on my printing site was for something I called Endless Terrain Battlemaps which featured geomorphic edges on an 11 x 17 map printed and laminated on two sides. A set of four was 8 different maps. Dungeon Tiles is far easier to create than geomorphic wilderness terrain which were my primary offers.

So I'm very familiar with the concept.

Plan so far, following my tutorial step-by-step, I plan to create 12 battlemaps at the 8" x 10" size with four exits each, to include: 1 surface access map, 4 catacomb maps, 1 crypt map, 1 maze of doors map, 1 ruins map, 1 watery map, 1 large chamber map, 1 dungeon community map, and natural cave map.

I've got 2/3rds of the basic floorplans setup, but I want to do some detailing before I post a WIP, but I will post in the various steps of tutorial for all maps so you can see the process in how it was done.

Will post them tomorrow...

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-04-2008 at 02:35 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations