Thread: How to create a map with 81 connections

Help How to create a map with 81 connections

Dear all,

this is my first post here so I would like to apologize for any newbie questions which might come in this post.

I would appreciate if you could give me a hint on the following: I would like to create a map (preferably) in a metro map design where would be connected all the cities I have visited. The problem with the metro map design idea is that there are 2 cities from where I initiated the tours, thus there would be far too many "metro lines".
    On the other hand I not necessarily need 30 different "lines" but it would be even nicer to see - by amount or the strength of the line - which routes I used the most.

As you can see from my question I am quite struggling even with the concept itself and I would appreciate any help or guidance. No need to add that I am not sure which program to use (Beno map creator, Inkscape or any other?).

Thank you all

Welcome to the Guild nameh. I can't answer any of your questions, but I'm sure there are others who can.

Maybe you could do it like a tree? you start form the trunk and then it split to smaller tunnels.
    I would recomend to use Inkscape since you might have a lot of lines/elements, it's easier to move them around in a vector based software.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    Maybe you could do it like a tree? you start form the trunk and then it split to smaller tunnels.
    I would recomend to use Inkscape since you might have a lot of lines/elements, it's easier to move them around in a vector based software.
    Thanks to both of you.

The problem with the tree is that there will be two starting points even and the two cities are connected to one another. But I may be wrong or my thinking is not that abstract to imagine it :-)

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by nameh View Post
    Thanks to both of you.

The problem with the tree is that there will be two starting points even and the two cities are connected to one another. But I may be wrong or my thinking is not that abstract to imagine it :-)
    What if you allowed each of the starting points to be different roots of the tree? Then allow the routes to be like the veins of the tree. Then if you had other cities, etc. each could be the beginning of a new root of the tree and the routes could be veins of the tree that carry the water to the limbs, etc.

I can also be rivers.
    I saw a map like that once.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    I can also be rivers.
    I saw a map like that once.

Both Ideas are pretty good. The river flow might be nice. Do you have the map Nathan? Just for an inspiration...

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Nope sorry. Didn't find it.