Thread: My first map/ Well hi there!

Post My first map/ Well hi there!

Hello everyone! I'm new here so i dont really quite know the ropes of everything yet, so some tips and pointers about literally anything would be just grand! Also, while im here, i think i might share my first map, work in progress. Again, tips on improvement? Especially place names. Im terrible with place names. My map is loosely based on the 1400s Ottoman Empire, where the seat is in "Estoc".
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eston Empire.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	62396

Hello and welcome.
    You might want to move the map into a thread as a WIP (work in progress) down at the appropriate part of the forum (regional maps).

But since I as replying, I might as well say a few things: very cool choice of colors, however both naming and font could be much better..

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JefBT's Avatar

Welcome dude, and nice map. Cool way of mapping.

Welcome to the Guild Hogicus! Congrats on finishing your first map! I think the coastline is slightly blurry, but otherwise nice job.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Nice map... very interesting style and a good choice of colours.

If you were to change the colour for the ocean to a lighter pale blue though, one might be able to better read the black labels.

Nice start, and welcome to the Guild!

My main comment is that while your Independant and Contested colors stand apart next to each other, to my eye they're close enough that I have to think hard to discern which of them those western Atacah islands are.

Since you use a nice crisp dark line as border in some places, a similar line might look good as a coastline.