Hey everyone !

A while ago I posted a WIP of my first map. I learned a lot from it but I eventually surrendered to some doubts I had about the landmass. More than a year later I am back with a refined world. My current project is only half of what the world is. It's only the northern continent.

For old time sakes, here is the old thread: http://www.cartographersguild.com/re...alhenkell.html

Now, I've done my coast, some basic stuff to make the map cooler to work on. I've done some sketches. Next step is to get the mountains down. Big thanks to everyone on this website for constant inspiration. I've even took interest in the coastline of certain maps for landshapes idea and coast ideas. Thanks to Coyotemax for the paper texture ! For the first version a year ago, I was using Ramah's mountains and hills which I like very much. I feel like I should try to draw mines but I don't like the results of what I'm doing. Also, Ramah's mountains are so dark they really seem to be standing out a lot. What do you guys think ?

Anyway, here is my current state:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alhenkelldraft2.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	4.13 MB 
ID:	62414