Thread: March 2014 Entry - Mirror Mirror on the Wall

Default March 2014 Entry - Mirror Mirror on the Wall

Hey all - Haven't done any mapping in far too long...but I was ****ed that I didn't make a map for this one-page-dungeon contest last year...and got inspired...so here goes.

The maps aren't anything special (and not really sure if the whole idea is all that original)...but I thought it would be fun to throw at a gaming group. The text is a draft and I may still change quite a bit around if I have the time..but this is what I got so far. Comments and criticisms are welcome!

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	one page dungeon_v2.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	3.76 MB 
ID:	62416
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Cirias's Avatar

I really like it mate! Loving the overall look of the map with the old paper texture and the map itself how it's laid out over the compass. Also, really fun and interesting mechanics throughout the dungeon. Makes me want to have a go!

Props for a really interesting idea!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

So...new WIP...been playing around with Adobe Indesign lately and thought that it might work well for this. I actually developed a more thorough story for when I run this with my gaming group so I will be adding more details to fill in the text boxes soon (and make it so the headings aren't split around the image)...but this gives an idea of what i'm going for. Still not 100% sold on the layout but I think its better than what I had before...so if anyone has any suggestions/criticisms I'm all ears.

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	1-page dungeon in indesign.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	2.98 MB 
ID:	62777

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

I like the background on the new version a lot more helps both with the readability and the eye appeal.

Not a whole lot has changed here...added some text and played around a bit with the spacing...barring any last minute suggestions this will likely be my last update before this thing closes.

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	1-page dungeon in indesign_v2.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	3.16 MB 
ID:	62844