Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clann Llocc

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

Default Clann Llocc

Taking the experiences I had with my last WIP I started working on the whole map for that region. Gigantomaniac I am, this document is already pretty huge, covering an area about the size of Ireland. If I'm ever going to make a world map, I can only hope that computer technology will have evolved to a level that matches my insanity by then.

I pasted the original basemap of the Six Scorchwise Fiefdoms into it. As expected, there are some visible differences in regards to the colours, but I hope to be able to blend it in. As of now the edges of the original document are still quite visible.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ClannLokkganzKorr-V2.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	3.84 MB 
ID:	62469

Right now I'm working on the general geography with mountains, hills and plains. I am already getting sucked in to making it quite detailed, but you know, if that's where it's taking me, I'm fine with it although I wanted to do a simpler map originally.

Rock on,
    Llannagh

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

You can always hope for quantum computers! That might take a while though…
    Anyway, it's a good start, the shape of the island is very good! If you plan to fill all that area with detail and info, it'll look awesome

Nice start. I must say I like the way you do your mountains!

Hey folks!

It's been ages since I posted anything or had a look at the no doubt wonderful new mapperage that must have sprouted here in the last few weeks. I'm currently working in a new job and am in the process of relocating. That'S all a bit stressful yet exciting. Things should calm down soon though, so I dusted off this project again.

It's probably a good thing that I got some distance to it. I didn't do much yet but still wante to post the smallest of progress I made. I scaled the document down quite a bit, which was areally good idea, I guess. Before the image was kinda blurry when looked at at a 100 percent. Now I think I got the size about right for a landmass like that.

Name:	ClannLokkganzKorr-V3DOWN.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	63477

I originally just wanted to paint in forests with my forest brush, but I think it works quite well for adding more detail. I guess I'll try to make similar brush for grasslands or something like that...

So, my question here would be what do you think of the overall look and feel of it? The island is about Ireland's size, so this will be more of an overview map.

Cheers all, glad to be back!

Already got something:

Name:	C-LDetail.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	63487

This is a section of the whole map which I scaled down by 50%. I'd consider this stage a beta phase, geography-wise. Labels and stuff will come last.

Really liking the forests!

That's good looking Llannagh!

Thanks guys. It'S all a bit green, though, isn't it? I mean it's supposed to be kind of Ireland-y, but I get the feeling it's going to need something else to not make it it boring to look at...

Yup, some more color would do this map good. You could make the non-forested land a little more yellow or brown, or darken the forests, for example

By Llannagh
    It'S all a bit green, though, isn't it? I mean it's supposed to be kind of Ireland-y
    Yep, I already see the leprechauns in here . I would exactly go with Lingon suggestion on this : your forests are very good, you could change the color of the lands a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast