Thread: Water in Photoshop

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Tutorial Water in Photoshop

Pablo Diablo had asked how I did my water on the Snagglefjord map so I wrote up a tutorial. This first picture is my finished tutorial picture, the others are the various patterns I used. The actual tutorial will be in the first reply to this post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tutorial water m.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	260.3 KB 
ID:	5641   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water1.jpg 
Views:	995 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	5644  
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Here's the doc file (Word) of the tutorial. It has been zipped so you will need an unzipper.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Praise

Thanks for sharing some of your techniques and knowledge of Photoshop. I really like the style of your Snagglefjord Map because it conveys quickly convey a multitude of world information with artistic ambiance, both of which enhance game play.

These tutorials are a lot of hard work but really appreciated by the less experienced and knowledgeable. I look forward to following its lead.
    "Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it."

Atlas Shrugged authored by Ayn Rand

Your welcome and thank you for the kind words. It took me about 5 hours to write it up and do up all the images for it, then my Photoshop crashed so I had to redo it all, this time it only took about 2 hours of redoing and proofreading and testing. Lots of work, yes, for me at least, since I'm not the sharpest spoon in the drawer, or something like that but at least it helps me to avoid doing things like mowing the grass or fixing supper Just trying to pass on what I do in hopes that someone can use it to expand what they do and maybe in turn I can learn from them.

Praise

Your tutorial is excellent and much appreciated. I have used Photoshop for years and don't think I ever rendered a difference cloud before coming to this site, between you, jezelf and RobA I think I have used that more in two weeks than nearly any other filter. Again, great tutorial.