Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March / April Lite Challenge: Map a Government Building or Compound

Default March / April Lite Challenge: Map a Government Building or Compound

The topic for the MARCH / APRIL LITE CHALLENGE IS: MAP A GOVERNMENT BUILDING OR COMPOUND

Create a map of a government building, such as "The Town Hall", "The Garrison of the King's Militia", "Precinct 149 Police Station", "The Galactic Empire's Repository of All Knowledge" or a government compound like "Fort Apache", "StoneHedge Military Prison", "Cheyenne Mountain Missile Site and Stargate Storage facility", "Official Relocation Camp" You pick the genre and location. Or mix and match, put the police station on Pern if you want to.

Please do remember to title each thread: MARCH / APRIL 2014 Lite Challenge: < your title here >

Also remember to preface each image you want to show up in the thumbnail scraper with: ### Latest WIP ### (If you don't, your map won't show up for the voters at voting time, which might hurt your chances. And the last time I tried to help, I made it worse, so you are on your own.)

The challenge will end on or about the 14th of April, after which we'll have four days of voting. The winner of this month's challenge will receive, appropriately enough, a circular silver compass, demonstrating his or her all-around wicked coolness.
    Last edited by Bogie; 04-19-2014 at 10:30 AM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Cool idea for a challenge!

Thanks Diamond, but the silence is deafening! Maybe I should come up with a different idea?

Its a great idea. I'll be glad to participate if I can push out a couple of little projects before it.

This is a good challenge idea, although I suspect it won't appeal to everyone. If I find the time, I might try and enter it myself (gotta keep getting those Silver Compasses). Maybe I could compete with Madcowchef...again.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

I'll be lucky if I can put up much of a fight. If I mainline enough tutorials maybe I'll have a high enough fraction of your technical skill to make up for the rest in obsessive energy.

A blank page labeled "Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, 01 June 1995" would be in poor taste, so that idea is out the window...

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected schattentanz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    A blank page labeled "Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, 01 June 1995" would be in poor taste, so that idea is out the window...
    Depends ... if you replace the date with some day in 1996 and create a map of this building as seen from the spirit world (with the walls still intact, spirits of the victims still at work as if nothing has happened at all), could actually turn out to become awesome ...
    CatZeyeS Headquarters - home of free Print and Play games

Quote Originally Posted by schattentanz View Post
    Depends ... if you replace the date with some day in 1996 and create a map of this building as seen from the spirit world (with the walls still intact, spirits of the victims still at work as if nothing has happened at all), could actually turn out to become awesome ...
    That idea sounds like it would take both effort AND talent, though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast