Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Central Uralien

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Though the sea labels may look slighlty too modern, they are actually pretty close to the references I had. "Raised effect" or shaded typography were used a lot on maps, especially on titles and big labels,from mid to late 19th century.
    Okay, I haven't studied this period very closely so I'll trust you! I think what's bothering me is that it looks a bit too dark and sharp compared to the rest. If it just had a little lower opacity and maybe a tiny bit more blur, I think I'd like it better.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

I like the subtlety of the mountains. And of course all the rest.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thanks Lannagh!

@ Lingon : you get a point here. I think I should hve added some kind of slight blurr on the sea labels

That map's extremely realist and well-made! I love the detail you put into the creation of the mountains and their respective heights. I also love the insane level of detail in the small aisles scattered all over the map.

Thank you Rollsomedice, glad you appreciate it

Another (extremely) minor thing I noticed: the second bracket on the label saying "Septrian Colony" is too close to the text, which could be a lack of italicised brackets in the font - either an extra space or italicising the brackets would solve that. As you can tell, I'm looking quite closely at this map

Wow! You are certainly a very versatile cartographer Max. Every style you work with is fantastic. Great job. Rated but not repped unfortunately, gotta spread the love.

Cheers,
    -arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Wow! You are certainly a very versatile cartographer Max. Every style you work with is fantastic. Great job. Rated but not repped unfortunately, gotta spread the love.

Cheers,
    -arsheesh
    Thanks Arsheesh I indeed like being versatile on cartography, playing with several styles!

Quote Originally Posted by Raptori View Post
    Another (extremely) minor thing I noticed: the second bracket on the label saying "Septrian Colony" is too close to the text, which could be a lack of italicised brackets in the font - either an extra space or italicising the brackets would solve that. As you can tell, I'm looking quite closely at this map
    Hehe, well spotted! Again you're right This is one the things I'll have to fix aswell!

Looks so goood! Would you mind sharing your technique for making the border and projection lines look penciled in?
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Lovely job - you really nailed that style.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast