Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: March 2014 Entry - The Ballad of the Bonny Bards Booty

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

Thanks arsheesh

So I tried out a treasure map/parchment background, but still sticking within the more monotone look, and I kinda preferred it. Just not sure now whether to go with a colour wash on the main images.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BotBBB1.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	62652

I like it. If you do keep the parchment I think a color wash would look nice. But honestly it's fine the way it is as well.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Still need to proof read for typos and have two final images to complete (the talking stone and the final nest). Pretty happy with the final look, the hatching shading is a huge step away from what I normally do, but I feel it works for a more monochrome map. Also changed the second verse of the song so that it is a better clue for that part of the adventure, where previously it was more of a description of the location and not helpful at all.

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	BotBBB3.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	534.7 KB 
ID:	62736
    Last edited by Cunning Cartographer; 03-28-2014 at 10:14 PM.

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	BotBBB4.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	964.7 KB 
ID:	62880

Calling this finished for this challenge. Finished all the illustrations, re-wrote some text and changed around the riddles (cut out) so that they made more sense as clues for the adventure/overland dungeon/call it what you will. Got a chance to print it out and I'm happy with the legibility of the font at smaller scale (glad I didn't go any smaller though!). Very much enjoyed this challenge and it was a nice break away from the typical battlemaps I normally do.

I may try making a coloured version for the official OPD but i do really like the ink on parchment effects.

Two errors: After the 4d6 table, there should be a comma following the word "beyond," and the apostrophe you added in the second paragraph should go before the "s," not after it...I think. The way you have it implies the multiple possessive, not the singular. If you want it that way, then you're good.

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	BotBBB5.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	4.67 MB 
ID:	62904

Thanks I presume you mean the Bard's Treasure and not the Bards' Treasure. Also fixed the missing comma after Beyond.

Well...yes, that needed an apostrophe switch as well, but I meant after the word "group" in "The group's journey begins..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12