Thread: Greetings from Brazil!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Greetings from Brazil!

Hello there! Nice to meet you all!

My name is George and, like most of you, I have a great passion for maps and fantasy settings! I remember that I got completely in love with a map from the continent of Ansalon from Dragonlance Saga RPG Set that I saw from a friend of mine when I was 15. Now I am 34, and I still love the settings, histories and legends, and also especially the maps related to them! I´m from Brazil!

I play RPGs since very young and I like the hobby very much. It is very good to narrate a story with some of my friends playing it as the protagonists and heroes of our scenarios. I believe that this have some resemblance with our ancestors that used to tell histories and legends around the fire in human prehistory, or even our grandmothers and grandfathers that liked to tell us tales in our childhood. I have now a lot of work to do (I work as a lawyer here), but every time that I have a chance to play some RPG with my friends I grab it! hahaha

Right now I am involved with a personal project that I would like to seek help from you guys. I am preparing a new campaign using material from different settings (Forgotten Realms and Pathfinder), and I seek to organize perhaps the greatest campaign that I have had as DM/GM, with a lot of mythic and cinematic feel. In view of this, I am looking for assistance of a good artist/cartographer (I tried, but I am a better writer!) to help me with the creation of a specific map of this scenario that I am developing. I have some ideas and concepts (I even have some maps made by fans and supporters of Forgotten Realms as a “start”), but I would like to even hire an artist to help me design the map and feel of the setting/campaign that I am currently planning.

I do not know even if this is the right place to ask this, I can move part of this message to the right channel in order to do so, if necessary. I promise to keep you updated of my (crazy but awesome) idea and progress here on the Cartographer’s Guild. :-)

Thank you very much!

George "Bravesword" Bonfim

Welcome to the Guild George! Sound like an interesting project you have started.

We have a specific Thread for map making requests, if you post there you might get someone interested. Be sure to read the beginning of the first post as there is a lot of advice on the best way to post your request.

Here is the link to that thread: Mapmaking Requests

Welcome to the Guild George Bonfim! I hope you find a cartographer that can help you in your project.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Hi George. Bon Dia !
    Your last name "Bonfim" sounds like a genuine Middle-Earth name for me

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Carbus's Avatar

Bem-Vindo George! Você achou o melhor lugar da internet para mapas. Enjoy!

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Hi there!

Thank you all for the nice words!

Nathan, Bonfim is a Portuguese surname, it means literally "good end", hehehe. It sounded like a Middle Earth name, indeed.

I shall prepare a map request according the models presented in the "mapmaking request" thread.

Olá Carbus, tudo bem? Muito bom encontrar mais gente do Brasil aqui! Parabéns pelos mapas, cara!