Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: August Entry: Multiple textured paths

Hey Redrobes, your works looking great, as usual, and will come in handy with the FHCO's, Lemur already has plans to use them, but as play tiles for her dinosaurs and model animals to roam about on,,,,,
    If you had some me-dem themed tiles I would suggest contacting Monks and see if me-dem could host them, I don't know what we have for space but I know I have gigs of map tiles for InsCarto there and oodles being served,,,,just what would an me-dem theme tile look like,, dark jagged rock and twisting paths for mordor, small streams and thick trees for Bombadil's haunts,,,of course then you you have to figure out how to do Gondor tiles, and your head would implode
    SeerBlue
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Blog Entries

Oh theres enough head exploding in me-dem without any more incentive to put the ole noggin in a vice and start turning the screw. I just don't know how were gonna deal with that beast.

Part of the idea of doing these tiles is basically to have some pre done texture scripts ready for more use. The stone in the dungeon set was lifted from that Krenshar challenge which was done in the same way. Using custom maps I can whoop up textured versions in seconds now. So theres scope to use it on me-dem or adapt a close one to fit. Could do a brilliant lava one for mount doom... mmmm chewy !

I was playing with the tiles now. Got the script to make VMI's and icons out of them automatically so I can just load em up once its finished.

I think ill make that hole in the ground for getting from one set to another. You can always blend them in a paint package too. Two texture tiles plus a heavy blurred mask and that should do it. Or two layers and use the eraser tool.

Although this pic looks rubbish up close compared to the original set it gives the idea of the linking.

For this challenge ill do a tree, bush and hole in the ground or whatever and call it a day. Theres millions of tokens to grab to flush them out more as required. The sum of the tiles in JPG format is 130Mb so ill be ok hosting them for a while.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temp.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	430.5 KB 
ID:	5794  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

OK...clue a brother in...

me-dem? Obviously "Middle Earth", but whats the "dem" stand for?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Ohh, sorry, I forget acronyms are really just nonsense if you don't use the whole name first. Middle Earth Digital Elevation Model Project, and it is much easier to post a link than explain it, so here is a link.

I feel the need to waffle on about it, but I have another interview in a bit (who does interviews for employment at 1045 pm anyway, by the time it starts I will have been awake for 18 hours, and not to cheery ), so I will just say, Middle Earth, Terrain, Maps, Tolkien, and more terrain.
    SeerBlue
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Cool! Thanks, I'll check it out.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

I am getting close to a finish now. I have all the tiles with a grid uploaded. I may upload the non grid ones and *replace* the current set so if you want your tiles with a grid then grab them in the next few weeks. I will have gridded ones here for a while - at least until challenge & voting end.

Actually saying that the hatching set did not have a grid on them. All the rest do.

There are eight sets Cobbles, Dungeon, Hatching, Marsh, MtnPath, Snow, WoodPath, WoodStream. They are all zipped set of 18 tiles. All are JPG so there is some loss in them from the pure version but all are 2048 which is nearly 300dpi. They range from 13 to 26Mb except hatching which is 7Mb.

Cobbles
    Dungeon
    Hatching
    Marsh
    MtnPath
    Snow
    WoodPath
    WoodStream

I will add just one or two extra token type additions but thats mostly it.

Just to note I would like to declare these "Creative Commons - Non Commercial - Share alike - attribution". So spread them about a bit. And lets see any photos of them printed and used !!!

Blog Entries

A hole in the ground. (Looks like a purple worm or Xorn type...)

I have attached both the color and alpha parts. You will need to put them together to make up the token. Should be easy in PS or Gimp.

Example after that is done on the mountain path tile.

Name:	HoleInGround_Color.png 
Views:	541 
Size:	565.2 KB 
ID:	5856   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HoleInGround_Alpha.png 
Views:	148 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	5857   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HoleInGround_Example.png 
Views:	490 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	5858  

Blog Entries

Just whooped up some trees for ya. Had to model one in 3D. A bit tedious but its alright I think.

Name:	Tree_Color.png 
Views:	181 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	5859   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tree_Alpha.png 
Views:	616 
Size:	219.5 KB 
ID:	5860   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TreeLeaves_Color.png 
Views:	215 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	5861   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TreeLeaves_Alpha.png 
Views:	252 
Size:	410.0 KB 
ID:	5862  

Blog Entries

And finally, archetypal pit to match the dungeon floor texture.

Name:	Pit_Color.png 
Views:	785 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	5863  

Good stuff all around.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast