With the 146th Map of the Week we take a look at the trail to the Hidden Tower of the Red Draug Wizardess Aldinborg and her red draug seer Jˇninna in the north central part of the Dark Hills.
Key to the Map of the Hidden Tower Trail
Upon the north central rolling landscape of the Dark Hills one not only would find tropical jungle forest but also areas of savanna, where prides of lions are a part of the natural population ... if one could find the tower at all. Savannas are areas where the trees are more widely spaced than in the jungle, allowing sunlight to shine through the forest's canopy and allowing grasses to grow upon its floor. The tower is hidden by illusionary forest and a powerful divining screen.
1. Wild Savanna. In each of these areas lives a wild pride of lions, populated by d4+2 adult lionesses, d4 + 8 lion cubs and 1 male lion. These prides will hunt humans that enter their areas, but they are not controlled by the denizens of the Hidden Tower.
2. Dominated Savanna. In each of these areas lives an unusually large pride of lions that has been dominated by Aldinborg and that does her will. Each of these prides is populated by d8+2 adult lionesses, d8 + 8 lion cubs and d4 male lions in coalition. These prides have orders to hunt and slay all intruders who enter their areas. They will battle until the last lion, lioness and cub has been slain.
3. Illusionary Forest. The Gold Creek banks and the trail here are open, but they are protected by the thick forest illusion described above.
You can get this map in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (3.5 MB) from the J÷rgar website.
2. As a JPG flat map of 3000 Pixels x 3000 Pixels, (3 MB), available above.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the J÷rgar website at:
The J÷rgar World
Next Week: The Hidden Tower Complex