Thread: I'm a writer, looking for maps

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Help I'm a writer, looking for maps

Hello!
    I am an italian writer, I have published already 2 fantasy novels (in italian: "Il Signore dei Corvi", literally "The Lord of Ravens", and "Il Sangue dell'Immortale", literally "The Blood of the Immortal") and a 3rd going to be finished, who will complete the trilogy. As I love fantasy worlds with a full background, I wrote and drawn a lot for it. But mostly was with Photoshop, I did try CC3 but I really feel like a novice with it, I see so many talented cartographers and I see I have lot of work to do. Now I am planing, with friends, to make a fantasy RPG supplement with the books material, but as I will need some city map (and maybe a better map of the full region) I am stuck with the maps, once again. Sigh!
    I am here hoping to learn more about map-making... And also to find someone to collaborate with to make what I need (not for free, of course). If someone may ever be interested into this, just write me a PM and we may try to reach an agreement.
    Thanks for your reading and hope to hear from someone of you!

Augusto

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hey Guthorm, welcome to the Guild. I suggest you visit the Mapmaking Requests forum - there's a sticky thread there to read that tells you exactly how to go about requesting to hire someone to create a map for you.

Good luck!