Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Hokkaido

Post Hello from Hokkaido

Hello from Hokkaido, I am very happy to join this community, and participate. My background is in Commercial Art. 15 years of professional experience as an illustrator, and graphic designer Naturally computer programs have evolved rapidly over years, and I continue to pick up new interests in the Arts. I have made the move into Web design, Video Production, and now 3D Models. I never would have been excited, if not for being introduced to Google SketchUp. I have jumped in the deep end of the pool, my first attempt at 3D modeling is a massive alpine region. Actually it is a ski resort called Niseko. Anyone heard of it? Well any ways I have been trolling around the web for the last 2 months trying to figure out the process of transforming a printed topographical map into an awesome 3D model. I got pretty far along the way. The Mountain looks good, and very dimensional. I like to orbit, and think about the actual views from locations. I am in the process of finishing, and would like to share my experience in the hope that this community would assist me with the polishing of Niseko.

Ryan Mentzos
    Ⓒ 2008 ideapark.jp
    http://ideapark.jp
    Last edited by ideapark; 08-03-2008 at 08:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome aboard... I think you'll find plenty of folks to offer ideas, etc.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I visited the Ghoraja Juun link, and was surprised to see it. Please let us know when your map section is updated. Thanks Genral...over and out.

Hello Ideapark, and welcome to the guild, if you are really wanting to use Sketchup to it's full, I sugest you check out the Sketchup forums, with it's ruby script section, ruby scripts automate/ make easy alot of the thins you can do in sketchup, and also check out smustard.com and the Ruby Library Depot, lots of free stuff at each to make sketchup easier to use. SeerBlue
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Post Konichi wa!

Konichi wa! Welcome.

Another 3D user, I see, I play with 3D too, though haven't worked with Sketchup yet.

Strange the second new member from Japan, who isn't Japanese...

Look forward to seeing more of your stuff.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

こんにちはideaparkさん!

Cool (or should I say すごい). You're from Hokkaido. I have a good friend that lives in Hokkaido. Welcome to the boards!
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Hello Steel General, Thanks for writing to me way back when. Those days were some of my first using any kind of forum, and I now see I didn't reply to you. Sorry about that. It's been an amazing experience since then. My work as an creative as grown significantly. This community inspired me enough to take on that project with confidence. Thank you to everyone!

Hello Ideapark and welcome. You are in good company here. I have no background in 3D myself but I'm sure there are plenty of people here who do and who can assist you. Looking forward to seeing your work progress.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

Hi Arsheesh,

Thanks for the greeting! This is a core group of people. Qualified, and friendly.
    We can accomplished much more in life, and work by sharing.
    When ever I have some downtime, or need to look thing up I'll be back.

Enjoy the mountains,

Ryan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast