Thread: The lady seeks sage counsel

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default The lady seeks sage counsel

Hiya, I'm new, I've never tried my hand before, but hoping to surprise my map enthusiast fella with my new found mapping skills... but where to start from scratch?

Welcome to the guild. There are several good tutorials for the very new. The first thing is to decide what software you are using. Photoshop and Gimp are the most common, but there is other more specialized programs for more specific uses. What sort of maps do you intend to make?

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I'm vaguely familiar with GIMP, I've slogged my way through a view projects with it. I'm Looking to make a fantasy world map for his table top RPG

Here is a much loved gimp tutorial. Or if you are looking for a more traditional lord of the rings icon style map this might be the one for you. Both come highly recommended, though I use Photoshop so I can speak from personal experience. If neither of those work for you the tutorial section is chock full of others.

Welcome to the Guild sslwest0! If you check the tutorials in PDF format sticky in the tutorials section you can browse a bunch of the walk-throughs by software. Both GIMP and PS are well supported.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh