Thread: Wait.... I can DO this?!

Post Wait.... I can DO this?!

Wanted to go ahead and say hi to everyone, since I've been using tutorials and tips from this site. I got really tired of my simple MS paint map, though it was functional it wasn't really pretty. So I started looking into ways to make it look better and came across this site and WOW. I'm one of those people who can't draw to save my life, and even my stick figures are deformed lol, so I never thought I could really make something that looked decent until I came here and started playing around with what I could do. Chose GIMP as my program and have been LOVING the tutorials here. Just want to say thanks to everyone who so kindly allows people to leech off of their techniques to learn how to make better maps.

Yeah I been stealing brain effort through the form of tutorials for a few weeks here too. They are very helpful!

Welcome to the guild! This site is one of the best for using the internet as it was intended... to share thoughts and information to make things better.
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Welcome to the community. I am new here as well. Love all the great maps though.

Welcome to the Guild Nightshade, glad to here the tutorials have been of help to you.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks Arsheesh! I really love your Photo-realistic trees tutorial, I used it on the map here. Still playing around with all ways to implement it. By the way, I also found the stamp for individual trees makes great rocks as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    Thanks Arsheesh! I really love your Photo-realistic trees tutorial, I used it on the map here. Still playing around with all ways to implement it. By the way, I also found the stamp for individual trees makes great rocks as well!
    Glad to here that the tutorial was of use to you! And that's a fine start to your map. The ocean colors and textures are very good, as are those of the land. The land seems a bit too uniformally smooth however, and the mountain ranges ought to taper a bit rather than ending abruptly at the sea. Otherwise a very nice start!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh