Thread: I found you guys!

Default I found you guys!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Treasure Map.pdf 
Views:	66 
Size:	889.2 KB 
ID:	62289]Hello fellow map lovers. I've been fascinated with maps since grade school. I used to cover my bedroom walls and ceiling with the maps that came periodically in my National Geographic magazines. I've always loved drawing and creating art (a musician also) and recently discovered that I can make my own maps. I find it fascinating to be able to envision and flesh out on paper a visual representation of the fantasy lands and worlds I create. I am one that likes to know where I am at in space and time (one reason I always wear a wrist watch) and I love the ability a map gives to be able to see where you are and what is up around the bend, or over the hill, or under the hill as some of my maps illustrate I look forward to seeing everyone's work and sharing my own with you all.
    Last edited by Maker of the Way; 03-14-2014 at 11:46 AM. Reason: forgot to include a map

Welcome to the Guild! This sounds like the place for you! I like your map, there is a lot of room for improvement but I love the dancing dragon ship!

Nice to meet you. I like your map but I think it would be better to post a JPEG instead of a PDF. It's just more convenient.

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    Welcome to the Guild! This sounds like the place for you! I like your map, there is a lot of room for improvement but I love the dancing dragon ship!
    Thank you guys. Excited to be a part of the Guild. This is actually my first map, drawn for my 6-year old daughter (hence the whimsical flourishes). I do see room for much improvement in my renderings, but this was a good introduction to the realization that I CAN make my own maps. Thanks for the comment on the Dancing Dragon junk ship (one of my favorite elements of the piece- the kanji characters actually say "dancing dragon).

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JefBT's Avatar

Welcome, and what a very nice map!

Welcome to the Guild! I love the map, it's so whimsical! Great work, and please continue to share with us.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks so much. I love doing this. As a side note, my daughter contributed to the map by way of drawing the pirate figures on the ship in Plunder bay, the natives in the native village and at the start of the path to the treasure. Next map I will post is the underground tunnels that pass through the mountain on the path to the treasure.