Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The High Realm of Stormark

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Thanks for the comments and likes and rep, everyone! Regarding the fonts, I initially wrote all labels in Germania, the one I used for the cities in the end. I think it's a really cool modernized fraktur, but it looked too fat and clunky on the bigger labels. I wanted something more airy for them, which I think Blackmoor sort of is. And none of them worked for me in the title, though I can't really say why, so there I went with Rapscallion, which just felt more like a title font to me for some reason. So… that was my reasoning behind that

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Lovely map. I really like the colour choices in this, and the sketchy style. I feel that the very decorative font is in conflict with the sketchy style of the map illustration. Looks great!

Thanks Torstan! Do you mean that you like the conflict, or that it's a downside to the map? Sorry, I'm a little confused!

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Sorry - the conflict is a downside. It makes suspension of disbelief a little tricky. If the artist put such care, detail and flourish into the font, then the sketchy style of the map seems incongrous. Other than the font, it's lovely!

I see what you mean. I meant the text to be printed, but I agree now that you point it out. Simpler fonts might have been better. I'll keep it in mind! Thanks!

This is awesome, as usual. Love your style.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12