Thread: An Island map

Default An Island map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Esquisse5.jpg 
Views:	1204 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	62789
    a map made in photoshop. i'm not really satisfied with the way mountains fit in the map but i found a nice north arrow

Not a bad map. I like the mountains, except they are to bright, tone them down / desaturate or darken them a bit. I like the compass and the ocean texture.
    My main complaint is the towns, they have feathered edges, so there are buildings that fade into the background.

It's a nice map. However, I agree with Bogie in that the mountains are a tad bright. The actual style of the mountains are striking and enjoyable, just bring down the brightness.

A Scale line would be greatly appreciated. Right now I can't tell if the island is 2,000 miles across (in which case the cities would be giant), or two miles.

hi guys and thanks for your advices, thats how a cartographer improves! for the towns i tried a new technique mixing texture and layer effects but i was a bit lazy at the end and didn't erase the buildings wich were partly apparent, didn't think it was so visible, i'll be more carefull on the next map