Thread: Cartographers, Ho!

Post Cartographers, Ho!

Hello, Cartographer's Guild! My name is Jkat718, usually shortened to Kat or Jkat. I'm very new to mapping and cartography as a whole, but I'm willing to learn the hard way. I first started looking into mapping when I was trying to find good random country generators, and was referred here. I play D&D 3.x, although my current group sticks to strictly 3e. We are a group of 8 (7 players, 1 DM), and have a rotating DM assignment. We all write our own campaigns, but use random generators for most aspects of the game. I've been playing D&D for three years, and have been doodling around with image editing software for a few years before that. I will probably tend to make city maps and battlemaps, as those are what my group needs most, but I really like making continent maps. Cheers, Jkat.

Welcome Jkat! you've already given me some good advice
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Welcome to the Guild! Battlemaps, buildings, and dungeons are my favorites. Have fun!

It's no problem, Sly! I really love your Arillia, even if you aren't finished yet. That is the kind of map that I'd buy a print of and then hang on my wall. It's a real work of art. How do you make (or where do you get) the slightly-off-but-still-similar color palettes that you used for the countries? Also, I really like your map labels, such as the above one, and the two Schataria maps.

Thanks, Bogie! I see that you're have the title of Community Leader here. So does that mean I get to pester you with all of my newbie questions?

Welcome to the Guild jkat718!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks, Arsheesh!