Thread: Fantasy map

Default Fantasy map

Hello,

I am looking for a design of a dark fantasy version of Europe (northern in particular). I do not have any particular style that I'd prefered, so if you are interested please include a link to some sample work. I am not looking for anything super-detailed but instead something that would clearly mark out towns/cities, forests, mountain ranges, rivers and lakes, etc. So "major" details over minor ones. I don't really have a deadline, so I will be quite flexible to your work schedule. I do would want to retain the rights to use the map for commercial purposes if I one day need to, but you would obviously be allowed to use it as a part of your portfolio.

I do not have a big budget, so please get in touch with me with what rates you would want to work with.

Please get in contact with me at marius_brother--at--hotmail.com (remove the -- and convert "at" to @).

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marbro View Post
    I am not looking for anything super-detailed but instead something that would clearly mark out towns/cities, forests, mountain ranges, rivers and lakes, etc. So "major" details over minor ones.
    An interesting definition of 'not super-detailed'.

I always struggle with describing the level of detail needed in commission work. I used to judge it based on other work I'd seen posted, but that's not really a good metric. Any more I just think in terms of time to complete the work, then I add a good 20% to the hours.

I think what marbo is asking for is just a rough map without intricate coasts or detailed forests(coastlines are some series timesinks!). Still a lot of work, but not exactly a $1,000 spec piece.
    Last edited by AuthorParmain; 04-14-2014 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Stupidity. :)