Thread: New Awesomeness Around

Default New Awesomeness Around

Hello you lovely lot!

I've been visiting this site for ages now to view tutorials and what not to help me map things, and now I thought it was about time I signed up XD I don't have that much experience yet with mapping, which is really why I have some tutorials under speeddial.

But for real, I'm hoping to get better at mapping, nearly every type of mapping. Why, I hear you think? Well, I'm first and foremost a fantasy writer and I like to have things visually at least for myself, so I doodle and draw pretty much everything out. Given that I write fantasy, I sometimes need to have a good visual on a certain object or item in order to find the right words to describe it in such a way that others understand what I'm talking about.

With all the traveling my characters do, and all the amazing places they visit, buildings and lands are no different. If only to give them a realistic time span for crossing the entire land from left to right when there's a huge river that can only be crossed at a few places.
    You get the idea

Anyway, that's what I'm doing here, and I am looking forward to meet all you lovely people!
    Sooo, if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask them.
    ~Cee

Little edit: By the way, I am not all that awesome to be honest XD My mapping skills are horrible at the moment XD
    And... the layout, rules and settings match another site I used to be on nearly to the tee.... This site and RPA wouldn't be sistersites or have the same programmers and what not?
    Last edited by Cee69; 03-29-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Welcome to the Guild Cee69! You are in good company, many other writers have come here for exactly the same reason. Glad to here the tutorials have been of use to you. I am not aware of any affiliation between the Cartographers Guild and the RPA, though others may know more than me.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh