Thread: New Member

Guild Applicant

Post New Member

My name is Moshe Malyevshevsky, I was born in Israel & served in the IDF in the 1973 War & in Lebanon, then immigrated to Pennsylvania in the USA. I am a retired archeologist (Egyptology), and a widower with two grown-up daughters (one in Korea & the other in the USA).

I enjoy wargaming in 25mm/28mm for ECW, 7YW, Ancients & WoTR. I also game LGDR & WoTR by Agema Games. I always have maps made for me to use in the Agema Games in CC3 (historical maps)! LGDR & WoTR are two giant historical PBEM games, one set in the 18th Century & the other set in the 15th Century!

I enjoy Aikido (16 years) & Kendo (12 years), skydiving, quiet dinners at a nice pub or tavern, and reading.....with my favorite being sci fi, historical & fantasy fiction. My most favorite authors are Andre Norton & Ruth Downie. For historical works I enjoy various ancient Greek & Roman authors.

Well, thats me, generally calm & collected, methodical & analytical,, but, I can be upset sometimes. Glad to be here!

Cheers
    Moshe
    Last edited by RPMiller; 08-04-2008 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Removed email address

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome aboard Moshe!!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

As one new member to another, welcome.
    Ravells, he uses them for various war games. I don't know what any of the abbreviations actually are, but I think he prints out large maps and places miniatures on them.

Moshe, welcome to the Guild! Glad to see you made it over from the CC mailing list.

I removed your email address from your post because it is generally a bad idea to post email addresses where bots can easily find them and hit you with a ton of spam. You can set your email address in your profile under the User CP and others can then use that link to send you emails. Just watching out for our users.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Welcome to the Guild, Moshe, I had a look at the Agema games site, the War of the Roses looks very interesting, what with 19 years of design experience behind it.
    There are a few historical maps, perhaps Napoleonic, posted here, that may suit your taste.
    Once a gain welcome and enjoy your musings about.
    SeerBlue
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Welcome to the guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Welcome to the Guild, Moshe.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx