Thread: Shannara [Commission]

Map Shannara [Commission]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img-331162926-0001.pdf 
Views:	476 
Size:	5.56 MB 
ID:	62832

I have recently been commissioned to do a three part series of maps for a few members of a worldbuilding community that I post to regularly. Basically in thanks for helping out with building my world and answering my questions I decided to draw a map of their choice.

The first is a map of Terry Brooks' Shannara, hand-drawn in ink and coloured pencil. Here is a high-res scan of said map. Generally I'm fairly satisfied with how it turned out. I still have to work on my type-face/labelling though, some of them look messy.

Let me know what you think and I'll post the other 2 maps when they are complete. Cheers!

Nice hand drawn map, thanks for sharing.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Yeah, really nice! I like the mountains a lot, and the forests, they must have required some patience! Great job.
    Have you looked into the rules around this sort of thing? Not sure on how commissions that don't pay in money work, but you have used copyrighted material in exchange for something, which could be enough to count as a violation. I hope you know what you're doing…!

That is a great hand drawn map. How long did it take you to put together?

Thanks man, all in all it was about 4 days work on and off, I'd say about 12 hours in total.
    Hand-drawn Fantasy Maps by A.S. Woods

Thanks Lingon! And yeahhhh didn't really think about that to be honest. But I didn't receive any compensation for doing it so it so I should be good. It was more intended as a gift as thanks. Luckily the next maps in the series are from the actual creators of the content, I just made a bit of an exception in this case. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll keep that in mind.
    Hand-drawn Fantasy Maps by A.S. Woods