Thread: MARCH / APRIL 2014 Lite Challenge: The "Fortified Assembly"

Default MARCH / APRIL 2014 Lite Challenge: The "Fortified Assembly"

A premise: this time I really do not know what I'm doing.
    But I want to join the challenge, just to see if I can learn something and overcome fear / laziness to deal with things unknown to me.
    It’s a first time "building" issue for me, and I’m going to approach it with a floor plan.
    I don't think there will be textures on it or complex designs, I will keep all quite simple, since I have no experiences at all on the subject and I think a golden rule in this case is to not overdo.

There’s no much time left, I hope I’ll be able to finish it, next weekend possible free time will be crucial. I'll try and represent at least the assembly inside the castle and the subject's quarters; I think there will be some shields and some other eye candy.
    And of course, suggestions, advices and critiques (the merciless, the better) are highly appreciated.

So the WIP background: the “Fortified Assembly” is the nickname of a one floor castle where the assembly of a yet unnamed fantasy kingdom is held, twice a year or on order of the king himself or on request of a predefined number of entitled subjects (at least two or more representatives of the major houses and corporations).
    The assembly, having only advisory powers, still can strongly affect the king’s decisions, depending on the influence and power of its members.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	assemblea fortificata wip1.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	4.62 MB 
ID:	62892

I like the idea. Though now I can't help but to think of the band Front Line Assembly every time I see it. It wouldn't by any chance be an industrial techno castle?

Quote Originally Posted by madcowchef View Post
    I like the idea. Though now I can't help but to think of the band Front Line Assembly every time I see it. It wouldn't by any chance be an industrial techno castle?
    Hehe, sorry for the Front Line thing, hope no earworm is haunting you now .
    With regard to the Castle, I hadn’t in mind a techno-industrial theme but something more medieval –fantasy oriented.
    Anyway unlike other projects, I didn’t really planned anything, so I don’t know where I will end up with this one.

And yet another update (maybe the last one).

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	assemblea fortificata wip 4.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	4.58 MB 
ID:	63143

That's coming a long nicely, clean and crisp. Reading the fancy text in mass makes my eyes go a bit funny, but the style seems very good for the map.

Very nice so far. My only critique is that the text under each of the shields is a bit difficult to read.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I agree with Arsheesh : nice map, but difficult to read the shields's mottos.