Thread: Hi.. ^^;

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hi.. ^^;

Hello there. I'm Rune.. I'm here because I'm interested in making maps for the campaign I'll be starting shortly.
    I have never been a DM before and I just made my first map today, so please forgive my inexperience.

Earlier today, I found some paper that would be perfect for map-making, but I don't know the first thing about map-making. I watched a video and sort of made a map for a cave from that.. but when it comes to towns and stuff, I'm pretty clueless.
    I imagine that towns are started a certain way, grow and break down in certain ways.. but I don't know enough about architecture and placement of buildings to even start on something like that.

Welcome to the Guild TwiztedRune! And welcome to the wonderful world of DMing. There are a few good tutorials here on how to create medieval style towns. I'd recommend checking out the Tutorials in PDF Format sticky at the top of the tutorials section and looking for "Town" or "City" tutorials. Best of luck to you in your new adventure.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh