Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WIP: Cavern with Stream

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cave-9-cell.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	63064

Here's my first whack at areas C & D. I'm not sure what to put here but the space seemed to lend itself to the idea of a jail cell.

That and I wanted to see if I could make walls look 'right' and add in a nest of hay for a bed.

Whatcha think?

-GP
    Larger copies of my maps located on flickr and can be used for your enjoyment.

Name:	cave-9-slime.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	63088

Same area though this time I played with the idea of a series of stone steps over pools of green, glowing slime.

The rock-steps are...'eh' but I'm not sure how to anchor them to the ground yet - to make them feel like they're flat-ish paving stones.

The green pools are just an experiment with layers of different textures and a glow effect.

Comments welcome.

-GP

Lightning the tops and darken the sides if you want them to look more flat, or do sharper shadows on the edges. I'd say they would look more anchored if they interacted with the slime more, ripples around them or some sense they were affecting its growth or flow pattern.

Name:	cave-9a-slime.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	63089

Added some slime growth on the stones and some ripples around them within the pools. Also added some shading to the stones to try and flatten them a bit.

-GP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123