Thread: Village of Prada

Guild Member

Wip Village of Prada

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prada.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	409.2 KB 
ID:	62765

I am getting started on the individual places from my regional map. This will be the village of Prada (means prey in Romanian). This will be a small village of 200-300 people. So far all I have is the river and a couple of buildings (a barn and store I think). I wanted to go ahead and get a WIP going for it though so I can post updates as I get them done. Feedback and comments are very welcome indeed. I'm using GIMP for this map
    Last edited by meek75; 03-29-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Guild Member

Default Update

I have added several buildings and a road.

Views:	100 
Size:	433.5 KB 
ID:	62805

Good feel to it so far. With everything else getting black outlining the roads look a bit out of place without similar treatment. Even if not a solid black outline but a more sketchy one I think some black lining on the roads would improve the look and consistency of the map.

Guild Journeyer

Great start, I like the coloring. It appears to me that the scale bar is a little off, as those building seem really small.

Guild Member

Here is my latest update. I have added most of the buildings and recolored the road. I am struggling with a proper scale. Right now the smaller houses are only 10-12 feet square and that does seem too small. Lots of work still to do, but the main structure is now laid down at least.

Views:	128 
Size:	475.3 KB 
ID:	62831

Guild Member

Quick Update, just added some trees and cleaned up a few details.

Views:	123 
Size:	480.6 KB 
ID:	62848

Is this near the town of Gucci?

Good looking map - I like the colour choices and the fragmented road edges. I think the bridge needs to merge with the road at either end rather than looking like a rectangle (you're probably looking at an arch unless there's a step at either end which would be possible but if there is, I'd make it more than one step to make it look like steps rather than a rectangle (if that makes any sense!).

I like the brown theme you have going - it makes the green thing pop (don't know what it is.... a tree?). If it's not important then it's a waste of a contrasting colour. Make sure your contrasting colour is something you really want to draw attention to.

Guild Member

LOL, Since you had to ask if was a tree I guess it wasn't very good. I'll also give some thought to how color can be better used. Thanks

Guild Member

Removed the ugly tree and added a legend. I also moved one of the building closer to the river so it could pass as a mill.

Views:	77 
Size:	497.6 KB 
ID:	62901

Guild Member

I decided I needed a blacksmith shop so I added one. I feel like I'm Closing in on a finished map. Any other problems or suggestions before it's done? Should I add any sort of river bank? Something to simulate sand, stone or mud? I'm also still unsure about the scale. Should I make the scale measure in 15 foot increments instead of 10?

Views:	124 
Size:	501.4 KB 
ID:	62910

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast