Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: April 2014 Entry - Land of Sorrow

After taking another look at the font I agreed with you Azelor. I changed it but I'm still not sure about it.

MotW, thanks! I'm glad you like it, I was actually thinking about the direction in hell and I decided to give my map a contorted compass. All of the directions are in the wrong place and I even added a South-North direction which I'm sure everyone knows is impossible.

I started labeling and also added the Mounts of Spouting Bile, I still have a bit more to do though.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	landofsorrowNum?.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	3.73 MB 
ID:	63350

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Awesome compass
    This font is better, but a little uncomfortable to read because of how tall and thin it is. If you would shrink the letters to maybe 80% height, I think it would be easier to read.

I've taken a look through my font collection, and found a few that you might like.

Here is a preview of the fonts I picked out:

Name:	Domino44's April 2014 Mapping Contest Entry - Font Suggestions.PNG 
Views:	71 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	63425

In reading order, they are:
    Amalusantha, Charakterny, Endor, Evanescent, Marmyadose!, and Wish MF.
    Clicking on a font's name will bring you to the DaFont.com download page for that font.

Of course, you can keep the font you are currently using, but I liked the feel of the other one better, even though it was nearly illegible.

Jkat can I just say that you are kind of like one of my new favertest (yes favertest) persons ever!

Wow, thanks, Domino! I really like working with fonts, so it's my pleasure. If you ever want font suggestions, I'm your guy.

For readability, I think that Charakterny, Endor, and Wish MF are the best, but it also depends on what color combination you're using. Am I correct in assuming you are keeping the light-on-dark text? If so, I'd suggest a thicker text, because the thinner ones tend to get absorbed by darker backgrounds. Just so you could compare, here's a version with light-on-dark text.

Name:	Domino44's April 2014 Mapping Contest Entry - Font Suggestions_NEGATIVE.PNG 
Views:	71 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	63447

Except for Amalusantha and Marmyadose!, I'd say they all work with light-on-dark. Wish MF looks a little better if you make it bold, as do Endor and Evanescent, if you italicize them. If you do go with dark-on-light, however, I'd personally recommend bolding and italicizing Amalusantha Evanescent, and Marmyadose, maybe bolding Charakterny, and maybe italicizing Wish MF. If you want me to show you how those would look, it's easy enough to do, or you can download the fonts and try them out for yourself.

I will keep that in mind for the future, thank you so much for taking the time to do that for me. I had been looking for a different font so you just saved me a bunch of time! I already downloaded them all, I like the Wish MF the best.

Here is the map with the poem in that font. I also added a few more details.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	LANDOFSORROW?.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	3.66 MB 
ID:	63467

When I get to hell I'm taking my vacations at the lake of bile. Scenic mountains behind you, the grandeur of the falls, and hand-basket rides all along the lake shores! The new font is much easier on my mole eyes.

Well MCC if you want a vacation setting my sister suggested that I add a 'Boobless Brothel' to the map as an interpretation of male hell... I didn't think it fit in with my poem so I didn't add it.

Wish MF definitely looks nice, Domino. Good choice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12