Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: April 2014 Entry - Hell: The Eternal Soul Grinder

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Wow. Just wow. Amazing.

Seem to be struggling with ADD or something at the moment. The visions in my head don't want to come out . I'm hopeful i can coax them out before the due date .

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hell4.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	63353
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Nice, intimidating names, Sly!

I really dig this! Very nice job Skylock.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

+1 to that! Those mountains are incredible!

Intended to work on this more. hope to find the time to finish it. when is the last day for this? Any suggestions for famous inhabitants?

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hell5.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	63561
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Dante Alighieri? I've always liked the interpretation of Rodin's The Thinker where the subject is supposedly Dante at the gates of Hell, contemplating his poem, Inferno.

EDIT:
    I finally read the circular band of text around the map, and found a few errors. For those of you who don't want to contort your head to read the text, here is the corrected version:
    • IN THE REALM OF HELL THERE IS NO REST OR PEACE OR JOY. THERE IS ONLY PAIN AND SUFFERING AND LAMENT FOR ALL OF ETERNITY.
    • BLOOD FLOWS STEADILY FROM THE CENTER OF HELL, FEEDING THE CRIMSON OCEAN, CONTINUOUSLY CHURNED BY THE ROTATION OF THE LANDMASS.
    • THE INNUMERABLE HOST OF HIDEOUS DEMONS, WHOSE SOLE PURPOSE IS TO INFLICT CONSTANT AGONY, HEED THE ORDERS OF THEIR OVERLORD.
    • SHOULD A SOUL EVER BECOME ACCUSTOMED TO THE TORTURE THEY RECIEVE, THEY ARE BANISHED TO A NEIGHBORING REALM FOR A NEW KIND OF PAIN.
    Last edited by jkat718; 04-29-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jkat718 View Post
    Dante Alighieri? I've always liked the interpretation of Rodin's The Thinker where the subject is supposedly Dante at the gates of Hell, contemplating his poem, Inferno.

EDIT:
    I finally read the circular band of text around the map, and found a few errors. For those of you who don't want to contort your head to read the text, here is the corrected version:
    • IN THE REALM OF HELL THERE IS NO REST OR PEACE OR JOY. THERE IS ONLY PAIN AND SUFFERING AND LAMENT FOR ALL OF ETERNITY.
    • BLOOD FLOWS STEADILY FROM THE CENTER OF HELL, FEEDING THE CRIMSON OCEAN, CONTINUOUSLY CHURNED BY THE ROTATION OF THE LANDMASS.
    • THE INNUMERABLE HOST OF HIDEOUS DEMONS, WHOSE SOLE PURPOSE IS TO INFLICT CONSTANT AGONY, HEED THE ORDERS OF THEIR OVERLORD.
    • SHOULD A SOUL EVER BECOME ACCUSTOMED TO THE TORTURE THEY RECIEVE, THEY ARE BANISHED TO A NEIGHBORING REALM FOR A NEW KIND OF PAIN.
    Nah i just made all this up. I haven't read it, but im sure ive subliminally heard or veiwed parts of it which probably influenced my thinking along with everything else i've heard or seen about hell. What do you mean by corrected version?
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

You have "who's sole purpose," which should be "whose sole purpose." Who's is a conjunction meaning "who is," which precludes the use of the apostrophe when turning who into a possessive. Receive is misspelled as recieve (a misspelling that jkat ironically repeated). I didn't see any other errors, unless they refer to the lack of punctuation, which I took to be a stylistic choice.

I love the demonic parody of the Universal Man.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    Receive is misspelled as recieve (a misspelling that jkat ironically repeated)

Oops.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast