Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Central Alemnia by Daelin

Guild Artisan

For me simply the best map on Cartography Guild site.

Completely gorgeous work. As so many people have said, the mountains are amazing. and I would love to be able to pull those off so well. Good font choices, too! Everything you've done is classic and very readable without being boring.

One extremely minor quibble. When you're talking about geography, "strait" is the proper spelling for a narrow body of water, not "straight". Just so you know!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanielSomerville View Post
    When you're talking about geography, "strait" is the proper spelling
    I think that's what's called a brain fart. I suck.

Banned User

You know, I noticed that too when I first looked at the map, but then I looked at other maps by Daelin and on subsequent ones, it was spelled "strait", so I figured he already knew ....

I have been trying for weeks to make a map and am struggling. This is truly a beautiful map and certainly motivational for me to keep trying. <3

Hobbitt Estates, Greater Kansas City Metro Area, Kansas, USA

gorgeous, absolutely stunning.
    City of Opal Island Map (Featured Map Winner...yay!): http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5966
    Various maps from my Homebrew Game: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5407
    Unless I explicitly state otherwise you have my permission to use my maps in any capacity needed just give me credit. If you make money off them somehow, that's awesome - let me know! In fact, I LOVE to hear about the ways maps I make are used.

Quote Originally Posted by Verteska View Post
    I have been trying for weeks to make a map and am struggling. This is truly a beautiful map and certainly motivational for me to keep trying. <3
    This map is a great inspiration and motivational piece, no?

This map is absolutely gorgeous! Already my favorite map. Do you plan to draw someday the rest of Alemnia? I would love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollips View Post
    Beautiful map indeed. The compass and the way it radiates is a really nice touch too. The only thing that I find distracting perhaps is that this map makes me feel kinda.. cold ?
    I had the same impression at first. At the south portion (shown in the map) of Thyrimland, there is a jungle, it is probably located in an equatorial position. North of Sethoin is covered by tundra, so, most of the map is between the equatorial line and the subpolar line. Subtropical and tempered zones seems to be the most common zones.

If you were talking about the colors, sorry, my mistake.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CursedLich View Post
    Do you plan to draw someday the rest of Alemnia?
    No. Though my recent map, Southeastern Solvena, could be considered a part of the same world as Alemnia. But how the rest of Alemnia or Solvena or indeed that entire world looks, I have zero idea. The maps are meant as one-offs, and during the making of them, I paid much more attention to the style and look of the map, than the actual geography.

This map is simply beautiful!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast