Thread: Working on my 3D skills, feedback please.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Working on my 3D skills, feedback please.

Greetings, all....

After hearing the feedback from my first post (the infamous Island of Wanakokakola), I decided to go back and work on my 3D/layering skills. I cobbled together 3 examples of where I am in that regard, and I'd appreciate some feedback concerning whether or not I'm on the right track.

The first .png is supposed to look like a coastline with a bay. Running N to S are beaches and coastal cliffs. I tried to give the bay a narrow mouth & a beachfront, and there are a few low hills.

The second is also a coastline with cliffs & beaches, with an interior forest. If you look close, you can see a gentle rise just along the treeline (I hope).

The third is a straight-forward desertscape: a central butte sitting in a flood channel with the eroded desert pavement on either side.

Soooo...if it looks like I'm in the ballpark in regards to my intent vs. the outcome, please feel free to respond here or by IM.

TYIA & TTFN

Credit where credit is due: I relied heavily on original tutorials concoted and/or compiled by RobA, Arsheesh and wisemoon. These tutorials inspired all my tweaks, mosh-ups, flashes of insight and experimentation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D 01.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	637.0 KB 
ID:	63160   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D 02.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	63161   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D 03.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	963.0 KB 
ID:	63162  
    "No matter where you go, there you are".

Buckaroo Banzai