Thread: Star Chart Drawn In the Style of a Renaissance Sea Chart

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Star Chart Drawn In the Style of a Renaissance Sea Chart

I am self-publishing a short science fiction novel, and I need a star chart for the first two pages. It should be a relatively simple job with no coastlines or other, more time-consuming elements. Currently, my budget is limited to $100-$150 for this project.

Subject
    Star Chart to be done in the style of old-fashioned sea charts. No land masses. Less than 20 points of interest, including major stars, nebula and starships. 4-5 moderately detailed sea/space monsters done in the same old-fashioned style, and a handful of small lesser detailed starships. The scale of the map should be unrealistic and primarily artistic. Consider this an art piece more than a strict navigational chart, though it should still appear usable.
    Attachment 63195

Style
    Should feel Renaissance-esque. Imagine space more as a starsea.
    Attachment 63194

Quality & Size
    Semi-Professional quality(Budget is limited). To be spread across two print pages in a 6x9 book.
    File size should be large enough to allow for a fair amount of editing and resizing without a loss of quality.
    Dimensions should be 12x9

Time Constraints
    Project needs to be finished by May.

Copyright
    While I typically like to see artists retain as much of their rights as possible, I will need to make numerous changes to the finished work for print and display, and I would like to be able to do so without unnecessary communication with the artist. For this reason I'll need the copyright, but the artist can retain the right to display the finished work as part of his portfolio. Essentially, "I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain."

Contact Details

Email: RedSunSaga AT gmail DOT com

Please include an example of your previous work in your response.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

The attachments don't seem to work