• Cistern of the Drowned Maiden by madcowchef

14 63.64%
  • The Branch Library by Kirkspencer

0 0%
  • British Ministry of Magic Headquarters by Stopa

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March / April Lite Challenge: Map a Government Building or Compound - VOTING

Default March / April Lite Challenge: Map a Government Building or Compound - VOTING

The challenge this month was to make a map of a government building or compound.

Please vote for as many entries as you think appropriate, and don't forget to rep those you feel worthy. Voting will last for four days, after which the winner (or winners ) will receive his or her shiny new silver compass.

Kudos to everyone that entered.

The thumbnail images for this month are here:

LITE CHALLENGE THUMBNAILS
    Last edited by Bogie; 04-15-2014 at 02:37 AM.

I am not able to vote for the wonderful Mythical Creatures Accreditation Office. Is that right?
    Last edited by epson; 04-15-2014 at 05:18 AM. Reason: missspelling

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by epson View Post
    I am not able to vote for the wonderful Mythical Creatures Accreditation Office. Is that right?
    This entry came after the end of the challenge so you can't vote for it indeed.

First of all, a thanks to the all the guys who gave me advices on my job. Unfortunately I hadn’t the time to read and to modify anything timely, having been very busy these past few days. I would have changed at least the font of the shields, the readability issue is less evident at a higher resolution and I hadn’t noticed it when I lowered my entry’s resolution.
    As for the vote: I think that both Madcowchef and KenG deserve one (the other works are really good idea but are not complete).
    I’m no more surprised by Madcowchef’s works, they’re always on a high quality standard, original and pleasant to explore.
    This one is no exception: I love the texturing, the story and in particular the drowned maiden picture. A great job indeed.
    KenG’s entry is neat and detailed and really catches a wild west feeling. A good job, congrats.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Sorry I couldn't rep you, mad cow. You'll have to settle for my vote instead.

Some very good entries this month, and a real shame some were unfinished. I broke my usual 1-vote policy to give it to the Sheriff's office, Madcowchef's cistern (there's a phrase that can't come up to often), and fabio's Fortified Assembly.

To give a bit more information on my voting:
    --the style of map depicted by KenG and Madcowchef doesn't really appeal to me that much, but I rewarded them for their completeness and detail.
    --Fabio's entry is probably closest to my preferred style, but somehow the map seems to lack the detail that the above two possess. It is very well made, however.
    --Stopa's Ministry of Magic had such promise, but without labels or additional detail, I'm afraid I couldn't give it a vote.
    --the Branch Library was a clever idea, but clearly unfinished.
    --lastly, I think it is a real shame that the Mythical Creatures Accreditation Office isn't available for voting. For the originality of concept, quality/style of the artwork, and Egyptological detail, it is my favourite out of all entries this month.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Sadly, I haven't got much time this month, so I wasn't able to progress further in my work. I am sorry for throwing away that apparantely great idea. Perhaps next time. (Also building mapping is not my favourite.)

Guild Member

Lesson for myself (and maybe for others): Regardless how clever the idea, do something closer to finished as a first entry. Quite simply too many things of higher priority got in the way.

Great maps by the rest of you. (And why can't I vote for the Mythical Creature Accreditation Office? If one should be dropped it should be mine.)

The Mythical Creature Accreditation Office map was entered after the deadline, and I had already set up the voting poll and couldn't add to it.

But his map is excellent and should be REPed a lot and often.
    Last edited by Bogie; 04-17-2014 at 09:50 PM.

Congratulations to MadCowChef, Great map! You will receive your silver compass shortly!

Thanks to everyone who participated, well done all!

All of the entries were moved to the "Mapping Challenge Archive"

http://www.cartographersguild.com/ma...lenge-archive/
    Last edited by Bogie; 04-19-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast