Thread: Hello everyone

Default Hello everyone

Hello!

Just wanted to take a few words to introduce myself.

I've known this place for a few years now, but I only lurked because I'm very shy, even to talk on the Internet. I finally signed in mostly to rep creators of a few maps who blew my mind, I thought it was the least I could do for them for sharing their work.

That's probably going to be most of my registered activity because as I said, I'm very shy and also, I have not experience or map of mine to share, because I have nothing finished and worth of showing, really, I'm terrible, I hate it when I get interested in things I'm terrible at. But well, I have fun trying to improve I guess, which is one of the points of this awesome hobby (for those of us to whom mapping it's a hobby of course).

So thank you to all the people who make this place possible, managers, users, etc, it's a great place to see wonderful works from other people, get inspired and get info and help when you need it.

Have a nice day!
    Last edited by groovey; 04-16-2014 at 06:39 AM. Reason: misspelling

Welcome onboard!

I'm pretty sure that you're too harsh with yourself concerning your mapping skills. Anyway, that only means that you could only improve it. I've learned so much here that I'm really glad I signed in (and I wasn't accustomed to forum at all). Everybody is very kind and helpful here, and you'll find a lot of tutorials to help you.

Guild Novice

Hi. Welcome, glad to hear from you. I know how you feel. I have been looking at this site for a little while, too, but just now joining. I am excited about this one though. I hope it turns out to be worthwhile. About me: I've just always been interested in reading maps. Since from when I was just a little kid. I like drawing them, too, but everything I've ever done has been by hand. I'm new to using computer software and have as yet never posted one of my own creations. I can tell there are some smart guys here and am excited about learning something new. I am glad to meet you! Have a nice day!!

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Welcome onboard!

I'm pretty sure that you're too harsh with yourself concerning your mapping skills. Anyway, that only means that you could only improve it. I've learned so much here that I'm really glad I signed in (and I wasn't accustomed to forum at all). Everybody is very kind and helpful here, and you'll find a lot of tutorials to help you.
    Your words to Groovy are very kind! I also am a nub and do look forward to learning form this site. Best to you!!

Thanks all for your kind words.

For the noobs, let's hope we can grow our passion for maps into something we can some day post here with pride. In my case it's like an itchiness I can't get rid of, even when I give up because I'm not able to get anything decent, I always eventually have to come back and try again. These past few days, thanks to the inspiration of a few awesome maps I stumbled upon, I'm trying again, and I'm very excited because it's going much better than the other times I tried, but textures and mountains are my worst nightmares and it's always when I screw up and give up, so I really need to solve how to at least get a decent enough result, we'll see.

So, best of wishes to all of you, noob or pro (*cough*...Ilanthar).

Thanks for stopping by. Have a nice day.
    Last edited by groovey; 04-22-2014 at 12:53 PM. Reason: damned misspelling