Thread: Two Pages one Encounter

Wip Two Pages one Encounter

I would like to make a little cave-themed encounter (maybe even a little series of encounters!).
    My aim are two Din A4 Pages:

- Small map
    - Description of encounter
    - Picture of Foe / NPC
    - Description of Foe / NPC (Motiv, Stats, ...)

I started yesterday with organizing and writing down my ideas, sketching the first foe and giving him stats, sketching the first cave and starting to draw the map in PS.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twopageencounter.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	544.5 KB 
ID:	63238

The water is only a placeholder.
    Because of the little progress I ask myself (and you of course) whether to invert light and darkness (high places beeing lighter and deep places beeing darker).
    There is supposed to be a waterfall in the top left corner and a rift where the water flows out of the cave in the down right corner.

Slowly slowly....
    I tried to not use any stone textures because I have become very lazy and I wanted to see how I could draw stone myself.

Name:	twopageencounter2.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	977.9 KB 
ID:	63285
    Any suggestions?
    (the fire is supposed to look very small)

Lovely colours and your water is great. I think you have done a very good job here.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

The inside looks great, I am just not 100% convinced by the stone outside. Maybe some more stoney Textures?

So this would be the point where I would say that the first page is finished but...
    I am not happy with the whole text thing.

I should also make a reverse map request: "Have encounter map, need texter."

Name:	LLS1.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	4.34 MB 
ID:	63291

By "the whole text thing," do you mean the text's appearance, or the text itself? If the latter, I would be willing to help.

If you mean the appearance, I have the following recommendation.
    1. choose an ultramodern font, san-serif, something like this http://cdn1.tnwcdn.com/wp-content/bl...02/moderna.png
    2. don't forget to use same font on scale
    -that's all you need to stop it looking like a word document cut-and-paste! I love the orange scale and north arrow by the way - very nice.

Sorry for not doing this translation for a while, I forgot about it.

Lythwins Last Stand:
    Moments before losing consciousness, the river propels you out of the tunnel and spits you out into a small lake.
    You can vaguely see glowing particles in the water, illuminating the cave with a gloomy light. At the shore nearest to you, you can just barely make out a trio of silhouettes, hunched over what looks to be a poor fire.

- The monsters check to see the players when they fall in the water.
    - The monsters also check to see the players if the two parties are within 10m of each other.
    - The small waterfall narrows after 2m, preventing players from exiting.
    - The cave is lit, but only a little.

To hear the legends tell it, a warrior once was chased through these caverns by those of his men which had turned against him. It was in this dead-end cavern that he was forced to make his last stand. The warrior's corpse and belongings are long gone, but his fearsome dagger had a glowing crystal set into its pommel, which, once submerged in the water, became covered in algae. It is still emitting a soft light, like that of a candle, but ever so faintly. The dagger itself is broken, leaving only a fragment of the hilt. The players can search the lake for the crystal.