Thread: August challenge: quick n easy dungeon tiles for minis

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Post August challenge: quick n easy dungeon tiles for minis

So I've been wanting to throw my hat into a challenge and since this one has nothing to do with VTTs or encounter style maps (the former I know nothing about and the latter I haven't yet attempted) I've decided to try and give this one a go. What I got out of the guidelines was that this was something to be printed and thrown together quickly for an impromptu gathering. From my past experiences, these impromptus usually turn into hack n slash dungeon smashing where the folks are just looking to whip some tail and take some treasure. To that end my focus was to be on functionality, scalability, re-usability, and ease of reproduction. With that in mind I wanted something that could be scaled to make rooms of any size so I need a few basic tiles that could be laid out in various formations. Since ease of reproduction was in my head I wanted something that could be photocopied while at work since not all people have access to color copiers nor want to waste their own expensive color ink...I needed gray scale. So with extreme ease of use as my key I made up these tiles so that I could put my miniatures on and go dungeon crawling for a few hours. A basic floor, a wall, a corner wall, a hallway, an archway, and a door. All one needs to do is photocopy as many of the master tiles one wants and cut em up real quick then lay em out in various room formations.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corner.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	437.6 KB 
ID:	5763   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	floor.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	5765   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hall.jpg 
Views:	577 
Size:	401.0 KB 
ID:	5766  
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps