Thread: Salutations

Guild Novice Guild Supporter
    Blog Entries

Default Salutations

Hello there folks,

I've been an occasional lurker in these hallowed pages, and have finally taken the plunge to sign in and support.

In truth, I'm not much of a digital map artist, only ever playing with some of the CC2 stuff, but I've done many freehand maps in the past. Perhaps when I get the chance I'll retrieve some of them and scan them (I'd be able to put these up as PDFs or JPGs).

My main interest is gaming in a wide range of formats - boardgames, card games (and even combining the two), RPGs and tabletop wargaming, and it's been a major passion of mine for at least the last 35 years. Admitting that makes me feel older than I thought.

In essence, I'm here looking amongst the exceptional creativity and artistry to see whether I can commission some mapwork to be done for a variety of ideas I have for gaming. I'll take some time to research here how that's best carried out and what are the better manners to follow and the faux-pas to avoid. Any pointers, offers and information on that would be greatly appreciated.

To start with, my first quest is to get a decent late nineteenth century map for the steampunk universe I'm working on in support of some campaigning and gaming with my ideas for the wargame rules 'In Her Majesty's Name'. The basic premise follows the old GDW Space-1889 theme for the main part, with some further specific enhancements to include a few smaller nations and special points of interest.

Anyway, that's enough of my rambling - it's a pleasure to be here properly at long last.

Guild Novice

Hi there!

Steampunk sounds awesome!
    Have fun

Guild Novice

From one old goat to another: Greetings. I, too, have enjoyed looking in from the outside for awhile and am joining just now. 35 years ago I was a young newlywed and have been drawing maps probably 50 years, now. So I know what you mean! Some of the work I am seeing here though is awesome! I look forward to seeing some of yours!
    Best to ya!

Welcome to the Guild!

If you scroll down thu the list of forum threads you will see there is a Map Request Forum. That is the best place to offer your commission.

Blog Entries

Many thanks for the welcomes and the signposting Bogie, very much appreciated.

Blog Entries

And just slightly under the four year mark I return properly here, and save starting a new Intro thread, I thought I'd do a spot of necromancy and retrieve this

Good to be back, happy to put up some money in support the site too, and to renew cartographic interests. Now I'm off to the Map Request Forum (again).

Guild Novice Facebook Connected GojiraSama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TAG-UK View Post
    And just slightly under the four year mark I return properly here, and save starting a new Intro thread, I thought I'd do a spot of necromancy and retrieve this

Good to be back, happy to put up some money in support the site too, and to renew cartographic interests. Now I'm off to the Map Request Forum (again).
    I hear you about being a longtime mapper... I was creating my own maps before I discovered AD&D as a teen in the mid-1980s Time to get into the digital age, which shouldn't be too bad since I've worked on computers since the mid-1970s... Yeah, I'm an old fart... LOL

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I can lay claim to drawing deckplans, starports, and world/region maps when I was playing Classic Traveller sci-fi RPG in 1980/1981.

I also made my own city-maps on blank hex-paper for 'Squad Leader' in 1982.

So you may yet just be a young whippersnapper to me