Hello there folks,

I've been an occasional lurker in these hallowed pages, and have finally taken the plunge to sign in and support.

In truth, I'm not much of a digital map artist, only ever playing with some of the CC2 stuff, but I've done many freehand maps in the past. Perhaps when I get the chance I'll retrieve some of them and scan them (I'd be able to put these up as PDFs or JPGs).

My main interest is gaming in a wide range of formats - boardgames, card games (and even combining the two), RPGs and tabletop wargaming, and it's been a major passion of mine for at least the last 35 years. Admitting that makes me feel older than I thought.

In essence, I'm here looking amongst the exceptional creativity and artistry to see whether I can commission some mapwork to be done for a variety of ideas I have for gaming. I'll take some time to research here how that's best carried out and what are the better manners to follow and the faux-pas to avoid. Any pointers, offers and information on that would be greatly appreciated.

To start with, my first quest is to get a decent late nineteenth century map for the steampunk universe I'm working on in support of some campaigning and gaming with my ideas for the wargame rules 'In Her Majesty's Name'. The basic premise follows the old GDW Space-1889 theme for the main part, with some further specific enhancements to include a few smaller nations and special points of interest.

Anyway, that's enough of my rambling - it's a pleasure to be here properly at long last.