Thread: Greetings from Philly

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected Thre3zekiel's Avatar

Post Greetings from Philly

Hello everyne! Glad to have found this site. I have LOVED fantasy maps since I first opened A Wizard of Earthsea, and the world map is always the page I spend the most time on. I have looked at some of the examples of art on this page and I have to say that from the few works and tutorials I have seen, I am thoroughly impressed and glad beyond reason that I have found you guys. I am currently working on a map in Photoshop and imported fractal landmasses from autorealm. It is not turning out well, and it looks like some I made in highschool. I realized this skill has not progressed much since those days and I want so much to work toward attaining the level of skill I have seen here. I look forward to seeing more of your work and watching mine develop as I visit this site more and more.

I am a male, 22 years of age. I play some MMO's but I make maps for games of DnD that I play. The ones I make now impress my group of friends, but I genuinely want to be able to make the kinds of pieces that truly warrant awe. I also write fantasy stories and would like to work to bring those worlds in my mind and my heart to vibrant life.

Guild Novice

Greetings from the Rockies. Welcome! I, too am excited at what I see here. I look forward to seeing your contributions. I am new also and haven't uploaded anything yet. I've just been looking at tutorials, so far. And other people's work, of course. Anyway, good hunting!