Thread: Worldmap of Industa [V5]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Worldmap of Industa [V5]

This is a thread for presenting and criticising my work and progress in different styles with the world of Industa
    Just click on the images for a larger view!

Attachment 63135
    This is the rough topographic map of Industa
    Right now I try to figure out how to texture the landmasses in a goodlooking way.
    I also want the northern pole to look more like one. The southern pole is a steam ocean for it being a hot pole.
    I think I got a good result regarding to the southern pole.

This is what I managed to create with some own textures.
    By now only the southern part of the ground textures is done. What do you folks think?

And this is the political mode of my map merged with the cartoonlike terrainmap.
    How do you like it?

After adding some more textures I decided to improve the northern areas with a more greyish or mossy texture. I edited the mountains aswell.
    Some of them got the same mossy texture that the ground layer got. A few of them in the north got snowy peaks.
    I think this is another big step for finishing the map. Do you have some tips for the area between the north and the south? I dont want it to be a plain green.

I did not merge this map with the political map this time, because there'd be not much relevant difference by now.
    Last edited by Rwexler; 04-22-2014 at 07:15 AM.